Dauphinette is seeking a Studio Manager to support the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) in business operations and brand development. The Studio Manager will oversee Dauphinette’s studio space and maintain daily operations across all channels-- from managing company schedules to liaising with direct customers, retail partners, and manufacturing partners.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ years previous operations experience.
- A genuinely self-motivated, solutions-oriented thinker who works well in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, values punctuality
- An open, friendly, collaborative working style
- Strong knowledge of Shopify
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft / Google Suites
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- A strong, genuine desire to develop and grow the Dauphinette brand.
- Design/sewing experience is a big plus.
- New York-based only, and able to commute to between our studio in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the garment district. We are not seeking remote candidates at this time.
- You will report directly to the CCO,
- Maintaining company calendar including seasonal development/production, events, and shipping schedule.
- Overseeing DTC and wholesale shipping including packaging orders, handling returns, arranging shipments
- Managing inventory flow— liaising with our store manager to insure sufficient inventory for both e-commerce and in-store stock
- Assist on event planning. Prominent examples include: NYFW show, market week, retail activation
- Organizing and maintaining a tidy, presentable studio space at all times
- Liaising with our sales team, freelance partners, and manufacturing partners
- Flexing into a PA role when needed, helping with errands and administrative tasks
- This is a full-time, 5 days/40-hours a week opportunity. Pre-allocate for increased flexibility/hours during fashion months (September, February).
The ideal candidate:
- Effective— you take initiative and approach tasks with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Organized— you are highly detail-oriented, attentive, and like everything in its place
- Empathic— you take a humanistic, caring approach towards all perspectives and are very considerate of others
- Independent— you bring 100% to the team but are also able to develop ideas and plans autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal systems and your work
- Passionate— you are excited about Dauphinette, our mission, and our community.
- Loves flowers, fine art and pastry.
Tell us why you are perfect for this job! For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Studio Manager Application: [Your Name]”. Creativity is strongly encouraged, and applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.