Overview— Dauphinette is seeking a Sales Associate for our Rockefeller Center store. This is a part-time position with hours ranging from 1-2 full days/week. Must have regular Sunday availability.
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous retail experience preferred, preferably in luxury clothing sales
- Ability to engage customers & establish a welcoming environment
- Organized, good at tidying and maintaining a clean and presentable environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Physically able to carry inventory
- A strong, genuine desire to develop and grow the Dauphinette brand
- Familiarity with Shopify POS a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- You will report directly to the Store Manager and to the Founder, primarily working in our flagship store, liaising with customers, working the cash register, and keeping in-store inventory organized.
- Keeping track of inventory
- Organizing storage spaces
- Tracking foot traffic and sales
- Maintaining a presentable and attractive retail floor that is both tidy and adhering to brand specifications at all times
- Assisting with order fulfillment and shipping
- Providing direct, real-time feedback as requested, and weekly sales/feedback reports to the Founder
- Additional availability on select weekends and during holiday periods.
- New York based only. You must be able to commute in Manhattan.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Independent— you bring 100% to the team but are also able self-motivated, well-equipped to execute tasks and plan autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal systems and your work.
- Effective— you believe in a customer-first, results-driven sales strategy. You set measurable sales goals and work dynamically to achieve them.
- Strong Communicator— you enjoy connecting with diverse groups of people, you are an exceptional conversationalist who enjoys storytelling. You are excited to welcome customers into the world of Dauphinette. You are concise and thorough when submitting feedback.
- Highly Organized— you like everything in its place, you are able to build organizational systems for inventory and keep yourself and others organized.
- Passionate— you are excited about Dauphinette, our mission, and our community.
- Loves flowers, fine art and pastry.
- Tell us why you are perfect for this opportunity! For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Associate Application: [Your Name]”. Creativity is strongly encouraged, and applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.