Dauphinette is seeking a Production Assistant to support the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) and Studio Manager in collection development, RTW and accessories production, and operations.
The Production Assistant will provide assistance with organizing each season’s production calendar, liaising with our factories and supply partners, creating line sheets, cutting tickets, and tech packs, and materials sourcing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous fashion production/development experience strongly preferred
- A genuinely self-motivated, solutions-oriented thinker who works well in a dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to adapt communication style easily to understand a range of needs
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, values punctuality
- Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure
- An open, friendly, collaborative working style
- Working knowledge of Microsoft / Google Suites
- Working knowledge of Shopify
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc), particularly with creating garment renders for tech packs and cutting tickets.
- A strong, genuine desire to develop and grow the Dauphinette brand.
- Design/sewing experience is a big plus.
- New York-based only, and able to commute to between our studio in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the garment district. We are not seeking remote candidates at this time.
- You will report directly to the CCO and Studio Manager
- Maintaining production calendar for all USA-based factories and manufacturing partners
- Assisting Studio Manager with both DTC and wholesale shipping including packaging orders, invoicing, arranging shipments, and processing returns.
- Managing and organizing the flow of wholesale products so that all orders go out punctually and correctly
- Liaising with our sales team, freelance partners, and manufacturing partners
- Flexing into a PA role when needed, helping with errands and administrative tasks
- This is a full time opportunity. Pre-allocate for increased flexibility/hours during fashion months (September, February).
The ideal candidate:
- Effective— you take initiative and approach tasks with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Organized— you are highly detail-oriented, attentive, forward-thinking, and like everything in its place
- Empathic— you take a humanistic, caring approach towards all perspectives and are very considerate of others
- Independent— you bring 100% to the team but are also able to develop ideas and plans autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal systems and your work
- Passionate— you are excited about Dauphinette, our mission, and our community.
- Loves flowers, fine art and pastry.
Tell us why you are perfect for this job! For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Assistant Application: [Your Name]”. Creativity is strongly encouraged, and applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.