Overview— Dauphinette is seeking a Retail & Operations Strategist to manage our New York flagship boutique and assist with back-end operations.
Skills and qualifications:
- 2+ years retail experience, preferably in luxury clothing sales
- Ability to engage customers & establish a welcoming environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Physically able to carry inventory
- A strong, genuine desire to develop and grow the Dauphinette brand
- Familiarity with Shopify POS a plus
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus
- You will report directly to the Founder, primarily working in our flagship store, liaising with customers, keeping in-store inventory organized, and assisting with customer support for both in-person and e-commerce channels.
- Keeping track of inventory
- Organizing storage spaces
- Merchandising the store
- Maintaining a presentable and attractive retail floor that is both tidy and adhering to brand specifications at all times
- Assisting with order fulfillment and shipping
- Hiring and training part-time help to work on the weekends
- Providing direct, real-time feedback as requested, and weekly sales/feedback reports to the Founder
- Additional availability on select weekends and during holiday periods.
- New York based only. You must be able to commute to the store downtown and also to our studio in Brooklyn.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Independent— you bring 100% to the team but are also able self-motivated, well-equipped to execute tasks and plan autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal systems and your work.
- Effective— you believe in a customer-first, results-driven sales strategy. You set measurable sales goals and work dynamically to achieve them.
- Strong Communicator— you enjoy connecting with diverse groups of people, you are an exceptional conversationalist who enjoys storytelling. You are excited to welcome customers into the world of Dauphinette. You are concise and thorough when submitting feedback.
- Highly Organized— you like everything in its place, you are able to build organizational systems for inventory and keep yourself and others organized.
- Passionate— you are excited about Dauphinette, our mission, and our community.
- Loves flowers, fine art and pastry.
- Tell us why you are perfect for this opportunity! For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Retail & Operations Strategist Application: [Your Name]”. Creativity is strongly encouraged, and applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.