Operations Manager- New York, NY
Overview— Dauphinette is seeking an Operations Manager to support the Founder in all business operations and brand development. The Operations Manager will oversee Dauphinette’s daily studio operations and provide support across all channels-- from managing company schedules to liaising with customers, retail partners, and manufacturing partners.
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years operations experience— fashion industry experience preferred but not required
- A genuinely self-motivated, solution-oriented thinker who thrives in a dynamic environment
- Works well and quickly under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and punctual
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Shopify
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- An open, friendly, collaborative working style
- A strong, genuine desire to develop and grow the Dauphinette brand
- Sewing/knitting experience is a big plus
- Familiarity with Garment District and local manufacturers is a plus
- New York-based only, and able to commute to between our studio in Dumbo, Brooklyn and the garment district. Must be available to work in-person at our office. We are not seeking remote candidates at this time.
- You will report directly to the Founder
- Oversee studio team including assistant, interns, and freelance sewer/pattern-maker
- Maintain company calendar including daily errands, seasonal development/production, events, and shipping schedule
- Oversee studio organization, ensuring a tidy, presentable office at all times
- Oversee DTC and wholesale shipping including packaging orders, handling returns, arranging wholesale shipments
- Hiring interns
- Manage inventory flow— liaising with flagship sales team to ensure correct and sufficient inventory for both e-commerce and in-store stock
- Assist Founder with planning bi-annual NYFW shows, branded events, market week, and other related events
- Assist Founder with external brand partnerships and collaboration
- This is a full-time role. Pre-allocate for increased flexibility/hours during fashion months (September, February). Must be available to start in February 2024.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Effective— you take initiative, communicate clearly, and approach tasks with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Organized— you are highly detail-oriented, attentive, and like everything in its place
- Adaptable— you adjust to environments quickly and work well with many different types of people
- Independent— you bring 100% to the team but are also able to develop ideas and plans autonomously; you are constantly seeking ways to improve internal systems and your work
- Empathic— you take a humanistic, caring approach towards all perspectives and are very considerate of others
- Passionate— you are excited about Dauphinette, our mission, and our community.
- This is not just another fashion job opportunity. If you are clever, hardworking, focused, and ideally funny, email us.
- $50,000-70,000 salary DOE
- Paid vacation days, sick leave, holiday pay, and mental health days
Tell us why you are perfect for this opportunity! For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Manager Application: [Your Name]”. Creativity is strongly encouraged, and applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.